Lamb Shanks, 1 shank per portion
Our lamb shanks are carefully prepared and trimmed. Each shank is one portion, perfect for slow cooking until the meat falls off the bone, for a melt in the mouth texture and immense depth of flavour. Simmer slowly in your favourite style: braised or stewed or perhaps with some spice in a curry or tagine.
These lamb shanks are absolutely ideal for making Jamie Oliver's Burns Night Lamb Shanks Recipe, as featured on Channel 4's Friday Night Feasts.
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|
|Product Option||Lamb shank|
Cooking Suggestions for Lamb Shanks
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Heat a good splash of olive oil in a large, heavy based frying pan and thoroughly brown the shanks all over, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- Remove the shanks from the pan to an oven-proof dish
- Add a couple of chunky chopped carrots and onions to the frying pan and brown all over.
- Stir in a good handful of rosemary and some bay leaves plus a few whole cloves of garlic. Add a touch more seasoning and tip in a pint of stock (lamb or chicken) and a generous glass of red wine.
- Whisk in two tablespoons of plain flour and optionally a couple of tablespoons of tomato puree for colour.
- Pour the stock, veg and herbs over the lamb, cover the dish with foil and cook in the oven for a 1 ½-2 hrs or until the lamb is tender and ready to fall off the bone.
- Set aside the shanks and vegetables, and strain the stock into a pan. Simmer the stock down until reduced by half to make a rich gravy, then strain again into a jug to serve.
- Serve with greens and mashed potatoes and a generous pouring of the gravy.
- These cooking directions are provided as guidance only, as appliances may vary.
- Always ensure the product is piping hot and cooked thoroughly before eating.
- Do not reheat.
- Always wash your hands and any utensils or surfaces thoroughly after contact with raw meat.
How We Deliver
Your order is delivered direct to your door and is transported in a sturdy insulated box that is kept cool using specially designed ice packs.
- ORDERS WILL BE DISPATCHED TUESDAY TO THURSDAY FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- PLEASE ORDER BEFORE MIDDAY FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- To offer the best delivery service, we use Allied Parcel Carriers, the premium next-day delivery company.
- If in doubt, please contact us by email or phone 01292 590 590 and we will be delighted to assist.
Where We Deliver
- Delivery is within the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
- Delivery is charged according to postcode-based shipping zones
- To avoid delay, please ensure you choose the correct zone when ordering.
Our shipping rates are according to the following shipping zones:
- UK Mainland: £8.00
- UK Mainland delivery is free on orders over £100 (see terms and conditions below)
- All other areas a shipping charge applies
- Highland Mainland: £17.00
- Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands: £43.00
Free Delivery Offer - Terms and Conditions
- Free delivery offer applies to orders valued at £100 or more, to UK mainland addresses only, all other areas a shipping charge applies.
- We regret that addresses in the Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands are excluded from this offer.
- Free delivery offer is made on the following terms:
- One free delivery per qualifying order will be made to one address.
- Qualifying orders requiring delivery to multiple addresses will receive free delivery to one address only
- Shipments to additional addresses will be charged at standard rates.