Lamb Shanks, 1 shank per portion
Our lamb shanks are carefully prepared and trimmed. Each shank is one portion, perfect for slow cooking until the meat falls off the bone, for a melt in the mouth texture and immense depth of flavour. Simmer slowly in your favourite style: braised or stewed or perhaps with some spice in a curry or tagine.
These lamb shanks are absolutely ideal for making Jamie Oliver's Burns Night Lamb Shanks Recipe, as featured on Channel 4's Friday Night Feasts.
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|
|Product Option||Lamb shank|
Cooking Suggestions for Lamb Shanks
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Heat a good splash of olive oil in a large, heavy based frying pan and thoroughly brown the shanks all over, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- Remove the shanks from the pan to an oven-proof dish
- Add a couple of chunky chopped carrots and onions to the frying pan and brown all over.
- Stir in a good handful of rosemary and some bay leaves plus a few whole cloves of garlic. Add a touch more seasoning and tip in a pint of stock (lamb or chicken) and a generous glass of red wine.
- Whisk in two tablespoons of plain flour and optionally a couple of tablespoons of tomato puree for colour.
- Pour the stock, veg and herbs over the lamb, cover the dish with foil and cook in the oven for a 1 ½-2 hrs or until the lamb is tender and ready to fall off the bone.
- Set aside the shanks and vegetables, and strain the stock into a pan. Simmer the stock down until reduced by half to make a rich gravy, then strain again into a jug to serve.
- Serve with greens and mashed potatoes and a generous pouring of the gravy.
- These cooking directions are provided as guidance only, as appliances may vary.
- Always ensure the product is piping hot and cooked thoroughly before eating.
- Do not reheat.
- Always wash your hands and any utensils or surfaces thoroughly after contact with raw meat.
Latest Delivery News
How We Deliver
- Dispatch Days
- Orders will be dispatched Tuesday to Thursday
- All orders are delivered direct to your door in a sturdy insulated box.
- Local orders, i.e. within Ayrshire, are delivered on the day of dispatch in our own van, packed in the insulated box, for maximum freshness.
- All other orders are packed in the insulated box and additionally packed with specially designed ice packs to keep them cool and fresh.
- Delivery Methods
- To offer the best delivery service, we use Allied Parcel Carriers, the premium delivery company for all UK orders outside Ayrshire
- Local orders, i.e. within Ayrshire, are delivered on the day of dispatch by our own van.
- During the current situation, we are still able to accept orders from across the UK and these will be delivered as soon as possible. However, we regret that our usual next day delivery services is not currently available in the present circumstances.
- While we endeavour to fulfill your order as quickly as possible, please allow up to 10 days for delivery in the present circumstances.
- Delivery Updates
- As the situation develops, please see our latest news for up-to-date delivery information.
- Delivery Enquiries
Where We Deliver
- Delivery is within England, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
- We regret that we are currently unable to deliver to Northern Ireland.
- Delivery is charged according to postcode-based shipping zones
- To avoid delay, please ensure you choose the correct zone when ordering.
Our shipping rates are according to the following shipping zones:
- UK Mainland: £8.50
- UK Mainland delivery is free on orders over £100 (see terms and conditions below)
- All other areas a shipping charge applies
- Highland Mainland: £17.00
- Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands: £43.00
Free Delivery Offer - Terms and Conditions
- Free delivery offer applies to orders valued at £100 or more, to UK mainland addresses only, all other areas a shipping charge applies.
- We regret that addresses in the Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands are excluded from this offer.
- Free delivery offer is made on the following terms:
- One free delivery per qualifying order will be made to one address.
- Qualifying orders requiring delivery to multiple addresses will receive free delivery to one address only
- Shipments to additional addresses will be charged at standard rates.
Minimum Order Value
A minimum shopping cart subtotal of £25 (excluding shipping) applies to online orders.