Block of Lorne 4lb
Block of Lorne Sausage, 4lb. Traditional Scottish style beef sliced sausage. A five-star customer favourite!
Lorne sausage, square sausage, sliced sausage or simply slice - no matter what you call it, we are confident that you will enjoy our traditional lorne sausage. It's a firm favourite with our customers. Supplied in a big value 4lb block, this tasty sliced sausage is great served with a cooked breakfast or in a breakfast roll.
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|
|Product Option||4 lb|
How to cook Lorne Sausage
Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the lorne sausage for approximately 7-9 minutes, turning several times, until cooked through and piping hot in the centre. Reduce the cooking temperature if necessary.
Preheat grill to a medium heat. Place the lorne sausage on a rack in grill pan and grill cook under the preheated grill. Grill for approximately 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
Take care to ensure that the centre of the lorne sausage is piping hot before serving, but avoid overcooking or high heat to ensure the lorne sausage remains moist when serving. We recommend you allow approximately 10cm space below the heat source. This will help ensure the sausage cooks through without drying the exterior or causing sparking or smoking.
As all appliances may vary, these cooking suggestions are guidelines only.
- These cooking directions are provided as guidance only, as appliances may vary.
- Always ensure the product is piping hot and cooked thoroughly before eating.
- Do not reheat.
- Always wash your hands and any utensils or surfaces thoroughly after contact with raw meat.
Latest Delivery News
How We Deliver
- Dispatch Days
- Orders will be dispatched Tuesday to Thursday
- All orders are delivered direct to your door in a sturdy insulated box.
- Local orders, i.e. within Ayrshire, are delivered on the day of dispatch in our own van, packed in the insulated box, for maximum freshness.
- All other orders are packed in the insulated box and additionally packed with specially designed ice packs to keep them cool and fresh.
- Delivery Methods
- To offer the best delivery service, we use Allied Parcel Carriers, the premium delivery company for all UK orders outside Ayrshire
- Local orders, i.e. within Ayrshire, are delivered on the day of dispatch by our own van.
- During the current situation, we are still able to accept orders from across the UK and these will be delivered as soon as possible. However, we regret that our usual next day delivery services is not currently available in the present circumstances.
- While we endeavour to fulfill your order as quickly as possible, please allow up to 10 days for delivery in the present circumstances.
- Delivery Updates
- As the situation develops, please see our latest news for up-to-date delivery information.
- Delivery Enquiries
Where We Deliver
- Delivery is within England, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
- We regret that we are currently unable to deliver to Northern Ireland.
- Delivery is charged according to postcode-based shipping zones
- To avoid delay, please ensure you choose the correct zone when ordering.
Our shipping rates are according to the following shipping zones:
- UK Mainland: £8.50
- UK Mainland delivery is free on orders over £100 (see terms and conditions below)
- All other areas a shipping charge applies
- Highland Mainland: £17.00
- Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands: £43.00
Free Delivery Offer - Terms and Conditions
- Free delivery offer applies to orders valued at £100 or more, to UK mainland addresses only, all other areas a shipping charge applies.
- We regret that addresses in the Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands are excluded from this offer.
- Free delivery offer is made on the following terms:
- One free delivery per qualifying order will be made to one address.
- Qualifying orders requiring delivery to multiple addresses will receive free delivery to one address only
- Shipments to additional addresses will be charged at standard rates.
Minimum Order Value
A minimum shopping cart subtotal of £25 (excluding shipping) applies to online orders.