3lb Stick of Haggis
3lb Stick of Haggis - haggis ready for slicing. Serves approximately 6-8.
3lb Stick of Haggis
The Haggis Stick is a long, tubular haggis. It is perfect for slicing to be served as party of a hearty, full Scottish breakfast. Alternatively cook the haggis whole when catering for family and friends.
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|
|Product Option||3 lb stick of haggis|
Cooking Suggestions for 3lb Stick of Haggis
Slice the haggis. Grill under a preheated medium grill for about 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until heated right through.
Slice the haggis. Fry in a little oil over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until heated right through.
Preheat your oven to 180°C, remove any outer packaging but keep the haggis in its casing. Wrap the haggis in foil, and place in an oven-proof dish. Pour in boiling water so it comes about 1 inch / 2.5cm up the side of the haggis.
Cook the haggis for approximately 1 hour 50 minutes until heated right the way through. Take care not to allow the dish to boil dry - add more hot water if required.
In a large pan, heat enough water in which to submerge the haggis. Bring the water to a boil.
Remove any outer packaging but keep the haggis in its casing. Wrap the haggis in foil, place in the boiling water, then immediately reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for around1 hour 50 minutes, or until piping hot throughout.
Carefully unwrap the haggis from the foil and place on a serving plate. You will know the haggis is ready when the filling bursts from the casing when cut open in the traditional way.
To have a handy supply of sliced haggis ready for when you fancy a cooked breakfast, slice the haggis then wrap the slices, separated by greaseproof paper or parchment, and freeze. Remove and defrost slices when required before cooking.
- These cooking directions are provided as guidance only, as appliances may vary.
- Always ensure the product is piping hot and cooked thoroughly before eating.
- Do not reheat.
- Always wash your hands and any utensils or surfaces thoroughly after contact with raw meat.
Latest Delivery News
How We Deliver
- Dispatch Days
- Orders will be dispatched Tuesday to Thursday
- All orders are delivered direct to your door in a sturdy insulated box.
- Local orders, i.e. within Ayrshire, are delivered on the day of dispatch in our own van, packed in the insulated box, for maximum freshness.
- All other orders are packed in the insulated box and additionally packed with specially designed ice packs to keep them cool and fresh.
- Delivery Methods
- To offer the best delivery service, we use Allied Parcel Carriers, the premium delivery company for all UK orders outside Ayrshire
- Local orders, i.e. within Ayrshire, are delivered on the day of dispatch by our own van.
- During the current situation, we are still able to accept orders from across the UK and these will be delivered as soon as possible. However, we regret that our usual next day delivery services is not currently available in the present circumstances.
- While we endeavour to fulfill your order as quickly as possible, please allow up to 10 days for delivery in the present circumstances.
- Delivery Updates
- As the situation develops, please see our latest news for up-to-date delivery information.
- Delivery Enquiries
Where We Deliver
- Delivery is within the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
- Delivery is charged according to postcode-based shipping zones
- To avoid delay, please ensure you choose the correct zone when ordering.
Our shipping rates are according to the following shipping zones:
- UK Mainland: £8.00
- UK Mainland delivery is free on orders over £100 (see terms and conditions below)
- All other areas a shipping charge applies
- Highland Mainland: £17.00
- Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands: £43.00
Free Delivery Offer - Terms and Conditions
- Free delivery offer applies to orders valued at £100 or more, to UK mainland addresses only, all other areas a shipping charge applies.
- We regret that addresses in the Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands are excluded from this offer.
- Free delivery offer is made on the following terms:
- One free delivery per qualifying order will be made to one address.
- Qualifying orders requiring delivery to multiple addresses will receive free delivery to one address only
- Shipments to additional addresses will be charged at standard rates.