Mutton Pie - single Scotch pie with minced mutton filling in crisp pastry. Minced meat individual pies.
Mutton Pie - the traditional Scotch pie
Mutton pie or Scotch pie is the traditional pie of Scotland, with a well-seasoned minced mutton filling packed inside a crisp pie shell and topped with pastry. Our mutton pie makes a great tea-time meal with beans and mash, or a quick, hot snack at lunch.
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|
|Product Option||mutton pie|
|Suitable for Home Freezing||Yes|
|Shelf Life||Use within 4 months of freezing. Defrost thoroughly before cooking.|
How to cook our Mutton Pie
Preheat oven to 180°C / gas 4, place pie on an oven tray and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden and risen and filling is piping hot throughout.
To prevent the pastry from browning too quickly, you may wish to cover the pie loosely with foil or parchment paper.
Adjust cooking time/temperature for fan oven.
- These cooking directions are provided as guidance only, as appliances may vary.
- Always ensure the product is piping hot and cooked thoroughly before eating.
- Do not reheat.
- Always wash your hands and any utensils or surfaces thoroughly after contact with raw meat.
Latest Delivery News
How We Deliver
- Dispatch Days
- Orders will be dispatched Tuesday to Thursday
- All orders are delivered direct to your door in a sturdy insulated box.
- Local orders, i.e. within Ayrshire, are delivered on the day of dispatch in our own van, packed in the insulated box, for maximum freshness.
- All other orders are packed in the insulated box and additionally packed with specially designed ice packs to keep them cool and fresh.
- Delivery Methods
- To offer the best delivery service, we use Allied Parcel Carriers, the premium delivery company for all UK orders outside Ayrshire
- Local orders, i.e. within Ayrshire, are delivered on the day of dispatch by our own van.
- During the current situation, we are still able to accept orders from across the UK and these will be delivered as soon as possible. However, we regret that our usual next day delivery services is not currently available in the present circumstances.
- While we endeavour to fulfill your order as quickly as possible, please allow up to 10 days for delivery in the present circumstances.
- Delivery Updates
- As the situation develops, please see our latest news for up-to-date delivery information.
- Delivery Enquiries
Where We Deliver
- Delivery is within England, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
- We regret that we are currently unable to deliver to Northern Ireland.
- Delivery is charged according to postcode-based shipping zones
- To avoid delay, please ensure you choose the correct zone when ordering.
Our shipping rates are according to the following shipping zones:
- UK Mainland: £8.50
- UK Mainland delivery is free on orders over £100 (see terms and conditions below)
- All other areas a shipping charge applies
- Highland Mainland: £17.00
- Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles, Channel Islands: £43.00
Free Delivery Offer - Terms and Conditions
- Free delivery offer applies to orders valued at £100 or more, to UK mainland addresses only, all other areas a shipping charge applies.
- We regret that addresses in the Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands are excluded from this offer.
- Free delivery offer is made on the following terms:
- One free delivery per qualifying order will be made to one address.
- Qualifying orders requiring delivery to multiple addresses will receive free delivery to one address only
- Shipments to additional addresses will be charged at standard rates.
Minimum Order Value
A minimum shopping cart subtotal of £25 (excluding shipping) applies to online orders.